Monday, September 16, 2013

Wonky Bead Hop!

Welcome to the Wonky Bead Hop hosted by Kristi Bowman Designs!




Kristi had 3 different sets of her polymer clay beads for us to purchase. I forgot to take a picture of mine before I started making them. See them at Kristi's blog: http://dreamsomedesigns.blogspot.com/2013/09/wonky-bead-blog-hop-reveal.html

I new when I got the beads I wanted to do something outside my comfort zone. I have been wanting to try and make a knotted necklace for quite some time so I decided that is what I would do with my beads. I added some turquoise nuggets and carved coral flowers to Kristi's beads to make my necklace. I also found in my stash of beads this red carved cinnabar pendant that went perfectly with the beads Kristi made.

I also made a pair of earrings with the disc beads I purchased from Kristi and added some black glass beads and red coral beads. 

Hope you enjoyed my creations.
Be sure and check out Kristi's blog for links the other Hop's http://dreamsomedesigns.blogspot.com/2013/09/wonky-bead-blog-hop-reveal.html



9 comments:

KristiBowmanDesign said...

Wow Laurie!!! Love love love!! The necklace is fabulous and the earrings as well. Thanks so much for joining in, you make my Wonky beads look so good!

Tanya said...

The knotting is awesome. I love how you moved out of your comfort zone and created something so beautiful. The earrings are fabulous.

Laurie's Jewel Box said...

Thanks for the great comments! I really liked making this necklace and earrings.

Alice said...

Beautiful pieces! The beads you added to the necklace really make everything come together nicely. And I absolutely love those earrings!!!

SueBeads said...

Great job, Laurie! Perfect colors for the beads! Great knotting!

KayzKreationz said...

Your necklace is so fun. I love the cinnabar piece you used as a focal. And your earrings are too cute, with the cording and the beads dangling down. Great job.

Anonymous said...

The earrings are so striking, with the black and red! And the necklace is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Red is one of my favorite colors to wear, and I would wear your beautiful pieces with pride! The knotting is very well done.

Karen Mitchell said...

Beautiful necklace, love the addition of the turquoise and cinnabar. It's a real "look at me" piece, great work!